2 – 4 July 2022
Ghent University, Belgium
The Society for Philosophy of Science in Practice (SPSP) is an interdisciplinary community of scholars who approach the philosophy of science with a focus on scientific practice and the practical uses of scientific knowledge. For further details on our objectives, see our mission statement on our website.
The SPSP conferences provide a broad forum for scholars committed to making detailed and systematic studies of scientific practices — neither dismissing concerns about truth and rationality, nor ignoring contextual and pragmatic factors. The conferences aim at cutting through traditional disciplinary barriers and developing novel approaches. We welcome contributions from not only philosophers of science, but also philosophers working in epistemology and ethics, as well as the philosophy of engineering, technology, medicine, agriculture, and other practical fields. Additionally, we welcome contributions from historians and sociologists of science, pure and applied scientists, and any others with an interest in philosophical questions regarding scientific practice.
- Karen Barad, University of California at Santa Cruz
- Till Grüne-Yanoff, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) Stockholm
- Erik Weber, Ghent University
- Abstract submission deadline: 1 February 2022.
- Notification of acceptance: 1 March 2022.
- Pre-conference workshop: 1 July 2022.
- Main conference: 2 till 4 July 2022.